Together, We Can
Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States. Between 2008 and 2016, the District of Columbia ranked 6th highest in the nation for cancer deaths, third highest in the nation for colorectal cancer deaths, and first in the nation for deaths due to prostate, Lung, cervical, and breast cancers. The Washington Cancer Institute, a part of MedStar Washington Hospital Center, treats more cases of cancer than any other cancer institute in the region and is the largest outpatient cancer center in the District of Columbia, serving nearly 82,000 outpatient visits with about 3,000 new cases of cancer diagnosed annually. No matter what the barriers may be for a patient, Washington Cancer Institute treats each individual and their family with the highest quality, compassionate care.
MedStar Washington Hospital
MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington Cancer Institute is a regional leader and national model for patient-focused cancer diagnosis and treatment that provides the highest quality, and latest medical advances in cancer diagnosis and treatment. Washington Cancer Institute delivers comprehensive, interdisciplinary care including surgical, radiation and medical oncology services, patient/family support services, cancer screening, education and clinical trials.
Read more about the 2019 Race To Beat Cancer in this PRESS RELEASE.
* MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a registered 501(c)3 organization. Tax identification number: 52-1272129. All eligible contributions are tax-deductible to the extent of the law. All gifts are non-refundable.
Here are a few ways your fundraising efforts support patients, doctors, and researchers:
- Expert Physicians– The Institute physicians are national experts in cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Customized Support Services– Cancer is life-changing. The Institute’s goal is to provide compassionate and professional care to each patient, promote the healing process, and support patients every step of the way.
- Clinical Trials– The Institute provides patients access to many clinical trials, which offer new treatments for cancer.
- A Healing Environment– The Institute is a national model and regional leader of patient-centered cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Technology– The Institute is one of the nation’s most technologically advanced cancer centers and is a national model and regional leader of cancer treatment.