Join Us in Raising Critical Funds for Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
The Race to Beat Cancer in Washington, DC raises much-needed funds and awareness for cancer research and clinical trials. On this day, we celebrate survivors and honor those who have lost their battles with cancer. Join the Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, DC and greater DC area community as we promote healthy lifestyles and give hope to thousands who continue the fight this deadly disease.
We encourage everyone and anyone to join us in continuing our 40th Anniversary tradition and sign up today for our virtual race that will be held from September 26 – October 3, 2020. Whether you are a walker, runner, volunteer, or supporter, you are part of the team that is committed to finding a cure to cancer.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up or become a fundraiser. Our top fundraiser will win a prize!
- Print the Virtual 10K/5K/1 Mile race bib to attach to your clothing. Follow these instructions to get you to your printable race bib:
- Anytime during race week (September 26 – October 3), pick a safe place to run or walk 10K, 5K or 1 Mile on your own wearing your printed race bib.
- You can use MapMyRun, Strava or any other free app or your GPS watch to help you map a course or time your run. Or use the old-fashioned car odometer and a wrist watch.
- Run or walk your planned course.
- Take some photos and celebrate your run! Tag @racetobeatcancer5K on Instagram and Facebook and use the hashtag #MyRace2BeatCancer so we can share your accomplishments!
- Post your own results (or just indicate that you finished…and hey, we’re proud of you for finishing!). We will send you a link for you to upload your results.
- We will be holding a raffle for everyone who posts a photo of their Race To Beat Cancer accomplishments! Make sure to tag @racetobeatcancer5K and use the hashtag #MyRace2BeatCancer on Instagram and Facebook.
Volunteer with us! There Are So Many Ways to Lend a Helping Hand
The Race To Beat Cancer 5K seeks volunteers to serve as champions prior to and on race day to support runners at packet pick up sites, cheering along the race route, and much more. You don’t have to run the race to make a difference to #BeatCancer.
Please CLICK HERE to register or volunteer today! All race specific details can be found on this page as well.
Register or Volunteer
Your Donations Make a HUGE Impact
GIVING BY CHECK
If you would like to make a donation by mail, please send your donation to:
MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Office of Philanthropy
ATTN: Race to Beat Cancer 5K
110 Irving Street, NW | East Building, Suite 1001 | Washington, DC 20010